I don’t know about you, but I am obsessed with upcycling old items into new Pinterest-worthy treasures. That’s why I am so excited to share today’s project with you. You start with an old picture frame, and you end up with an adorable dresser tray that is perfect for holding small items and toiletries.
• Picture frame
• Spray paint of your choice
• Scrapbook paper of choice
Note: Look for a frame with ornate edges and detailing as it will look better when painted. We found our frame for .75 at a local thrift store. Choose a spray paint of your color choice, matte or glass works fine. Spray covers better than roll on paint in this situation, so opt for it instead.
1. Begin by removing the contents of the frame. This includes the glass, cardboard, and any backing. Set aside.
2. Place the frame on a piece of newspaper and apply two coats of spray paint, taking the time to let each coat dry thoroughly.
3. Once the frame is dry, prepare to place the insides back in. Instead of placing a photo in the frame, you are going to use your scrapbook paper. To do this, cut the scrapbook paper to fit as you would a photo and insert into the frame.
4. Secure the insides in place just as you would a photo.
5. Wipe the top of the glass clean and lay it flat. It is now ready to function as a dresser tray! To use your repurposed picture frame dresser tray, simply lay it flat on the dresser and place items directly on the glass top.
Looks easy, right? Would you try this project?