Mommy Makeover

My Big Reveal – 4 Week Mommy Makeover Plastic Surgery Post Op Results


After years of hoping, it’s finally happened! I still can’t believe I was able to get a Mommy Makeover. In the last few weeks, I’ve openly discussed my past surgery experience and my recent experiences with Dr. Frank Stile in Las Vegas. I created this “Mommy Makeover” journal as a way for my readers to see firsthand what I’ve experienced (the good and the bad) so you can make informed choices. Many of you have never had plastic surgery and don’t know what to expect or the differences between good, bad, right, and wrong…but I’ve seen BOTH sides of the coin and I can tell you there’s a HUGE difference. Not all plastic surgeons are trained equally! If you’d like to catch up on on my recent stories, be sure to go HERE.

After my mommy makeover surgery was over, I could hear the nurses talking to me and letting me know that they’ve contacted my husband and he was on his way with a smoothie for me to drink during my car ride home so I don’t get nauseated. I couldn’t open my eyes, but I could hear everything they were saying and I was following directions okay. To my surprise, I felt zero pain! YAY!!! It was totally unexpected but I was happy that the excruciating pain wasn’t there! Especially after having abdominoplasty and breast augmentation! As soon as my husband arrived, they brought me out to the car in a wheelchair and it was already dark outside. The surgery took a total of about 3.5 hours (my last surgery took over 6 hours, by the way – that’s a big difference, and being in surgery that long only means higher risks for the patient) and it took about 2-hours for me to wake up. I didn’t get out of the Premium Surgical Services Center until 7:00pm.

I could hear the nurses telling my husband, “Great news! Dr. Stile found her belly button and was able to fix it, but we need to give her additional antibiotics to prevent her from getting an infection in her belly button.” I thought that was a strange discussion, but I was too drowsy and groggy to pay closer attention. My husband said I came out looking super swollen and round, and I couldn’t open my eyes because I was so tired and dizzy. And during the 20-minute car ride home, he made sure I was drinking my smoothie every few minutes to prevent me from getting nauseated during the drive. You’ll be happy to know that I made it home safely and onto my electric recliner (which I spent close to 2-weeks sleeping and sitting in) with zero pain. Once the car stopped and we were inside our home, I did start to feel nauseated. Thank God Dr. Stile already saw that coming and had a prescription for me that worked right away so the nausea went away! Here’s a quick video review I did of the TLC Chairs’ Electric Recliner (again, a MUST for post operative recovery).

I returned to Dr. Stile’s office the next day to get my dressings changed and Dr. Stile made sure all was working the way it should. We revisited the conversation the nurses had with my husband about my belly button, and I asked him what that was all about. Dr. Stile said, “It was really bizarre. I was searching for your belly button, and I found it under seven years worth of goo! It was pretty crazy, but now what you’ve got is the real thing and it’s going to look wonderful. You’ll no longer have a stomach that looks like a butt!” Ain’t that the truth?! Haha! Now I’m grateful that the surgery happened, because just thinking about seven years of waste built up in there almost seems like something could’ve gone very wrong with my health later on down the road. I hadn’t really had a chance to look at myself in the mirror, and when I did, it was hard to not feel dizzy because I was always so tired and groggy. Dr. Stile provided a walker for me to borrow for a week so that I can have enough support to walk around without too much pressure on my core or back. Since I had to walk hunched over, the walker he gave me came in really handy.

The next 3-days were pretty much a whirlwind of rotating medication and sleeping. I didn’t really feel any pain, and I was very relieved about that! My husband was Superman the first 5-days and really made sure the house was in order, I was okay, and I was taking my medication. It’s very important to stay consistent on your medication (especially your antibiotics). He set his alarm and would get up every 4-hours to make sure I was monitored and was hydrated, had something to eat with my medication, and was walking around every few hours to prevent blood clots. He also played nurse and helped me sponge bathe. I honestly think if it weren’t for my husband being so strong, supportive, and encouraging – my recovery experience wouldn’t have been the same. There were times I was uncomfortable, and was an emotional roller coaster from being stuck at home so long and not being able to do simple things like lift, carry, or do chores. My husband was a lot of fun and really knew how to lift my spirits and make me laugh!

The kids took the news well when George explained to them that I had to get my tummy fixed at the doctor. They were very understanding and curious, but all in all, were consumed in their own playtime activities to really notice.

It’s amazing how the human body works, though. How quickly it can heal and mend and the science of it all. By the end of my third day, I finally had enough clarity to look into the mirror, and I was VERY swollen! And my breasts were HUGE! Definitely freaked me out at first. I will say that each day got better. By week one, I was able to walk more. By week two I was able to stand upright a little more. By week three I was back to work. And by week four I felt about 85% like myself again! Much of the swelling has gone down, but there’s still a ways to go. My breasts get sore every morning and I have to massage them three times each day for five minutes each breast. It definitely helped soften them and I do notice they have begun dropping. Everyone at Dr. Stile’s office has been great from beginning to end.

I’m coming up to my five week post op, and I won’t be seeing Dr. Stile again until my three month post op. I got clearance from Dr. Stile to resume workouts again (no heavy lifting or hyperextending my stomach area). Definitely going to take advantage of cardio and eating clean. Dr. Stile said it may take 6-9 months before I see full results, so I definitely need to be patient. Overall, I’m so happy with my results already and with how everything turned out. It’s been a pleasant experience and I’m so glad I did it. Although I still have a ways to go, I look at these photos and can’t believe it’s me!

So here are my 4-week post op photos! This one is my before and after of my stomach.
4 week post op

I still have 4 stretch marks left after surgery, but they are low and as the swelling goes down, should fall below my panty line. Sometimes they are noticeable (depending on the lighting) but in this photo, you can’t hardly see them. I don’t mind the 4-stripes I have left, as they represent each child I’ve birthed and I will proudly wear them! And it looks like I’m going to need a new bra, but because my breasts are still changing, I’m trying to hold off from making any new purchases as long as I can!


4 Week Pic 2

I will post more photos of my progress and results after my 3-month post op appointment (and a final one when I hit that 6-month mark). Again, I can’t thank you enough for all the positive vibes you’ve been sending my way. My readers, friends and family have been such a wonderful support system, and equally thrilled for me during this process. And I think that’s important when you’re going through such a big step in your life.


Dr. Stile would love to answer your questions by doing a Q&A, so please leave us a question in our comments section and he can answer them for you next week! Have you ever had a surgical procedure before? We’d love to hear how your experience was, so be sure to leave us a comment on that too!

You Might Also Like


  • Reply
    Linda Manns Linneman
    July 6, 2017 at 5:57 AM

    You look wonderful. I am so happy for you. Glad you healed so fast. If I could afford this I would do it in a heartbeat. Thank you for sharing

  • Reply
    October 6, 2017 at 12:11 PM

    If anyone wants to see incredibly done surgeries and want to see the work done in front of your eyes go follow one of the top plastic surgeons on snapchat and Instagram @realdrseattle or check out the website! You will not be disappointed!

  • Reply
    Plastic Surgeries: Reforming thyself..? - Think Novus
    October 29, 2020 at 10:36 PM

    […] Image:The It Mom […]

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.