The Hub Network, a destination for kids and their families, hosted their first “Hub Network’s First Annual Halloween Bash,” on Saturday, October 26, 2013 on the cable channel. Did anyone see it? The winner was announced, and we (and my fave blogger friends) had a chance to do the red carpet premiere of all the celebs and cast with The ‘It'-Fam (kids included). The Hub Network brought in 50 semi-finalists from each state nationwide to Los Angeles to be a part of the two-hour star-studded event.
The special was hosted by Kenan Thompson (“Saturday Night Live”), along with a panel of celebrity judges (Martha Stewart, Hal Sparks, and Coco Jones). Here's the skinny…
Along with Costume Competition Judges:
Nancy O’Dell, Tamera Mowry-Housley, Candace Cameron Bure and Gina Rodriguez Along With Their Furry Pets made celebrity paw-stume appearances. And performances were by pop-star Cody Simpson and America's first teen-girl pop-group, Fifth Harmony.
Presenters included Bill Nye the Science Guy, Zachary Gordon, Nolan Gould, Keean Johnson, Joey King, Peyton List, Bailee Madison, Ryan Newman, Todd Newton, Nick Purcha, and Rico Rodriguez.
Check out this short video clip of the Hub Halloween Bash:
The Hub Network, a destination for kids and their families, awarded “The Jackie” for the best Halloween costume of the year to Bill Freitag from Arizona, who won “Best in Bash” National Champion for his costume as “Invisible Cowboy” in the “Blast from the Past” category at the first-ever 50 State Halloween costume competition celebrated during the star-studded taping of the “Hub Network’s First Annual Halloween Bash,” this past Sunday at Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, Calif. The inaugural event, hosted by “Saturday Night Live” star Kenan Thompson, will be broadcastSaturday, October 26, 8–10 p.m. ET/5–7 p.m. PT on the Hub Network
“Overkill the Giant Zombie Killing Robot” from Rhode Island, “Triple Dip Ice Cream Cone” from Wisconsin, “Giant Gorilla” from New York, “Nacho Cheese Monster” from Missouri, and “Headless Marie Antoinette” from California were Finalists.
Participants were encouraged to create eye-popping, hair-raising and spooky costumes within one of the following six categories:
- Howl-arious – Shows the lighter side of Halloween with a take on a fun, funny or otherwise hilarious costume.
- Spook-tacular – Get ready to frighten America by showcasing the most spine-chilling costume for all the ghosts and ghouls out there.
- Mad Genius – Unique, original, innovative and never seen before. A knight in armor fashioned from bottle caps, bat wings made from old umbrellas, or a cardboard-box jetpack, the possibilities are endless. Display a costume unlike any other — show your Mad Genius.
- Blast from the Past – Take a stroll down memory lane with a timeless costume. Memories, nostalgia and yesteryear brought to life. Show your take on great figures from before the 20thcentury or a retro 50’s sock hop get up, 60’s flower child or other “period” inspired costumes.
- Animal Kingdom – Transform into a living creature from the past or present. Be a roaring lion, a school of jellyfish, a firefly, or a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
- Everyday Stuff – We're looking for the coolest refrigerator/freezer, remote control, mailbox, block of Swiss cheese, telephone and more. Be creative and transform the ordinary into the extra-ordinary.
Images by Hub Network and used with permission