It's officially Summer! With all the fun, family, and friend activities we are all going to enjoy, It's good to have a few go-to recipes that are fun and easy. I always love introducing new and delicious snacks to company and house guests. It's a great conversation starter and a perfect way to curb hunger cravings between meals.
These are a wonderful, summery twist on the toasted candied nuts you smell wafting from booths at fall festivals. You can use any variety of nuts you'd like here. I personally love using almonds and pecans in this recipe. The coconut compliments the nutty flavors very well, and your kitchen will be oozing with a delicious toasted coconut nuts aroma! Versatile and tasty, you can also throw a handful of these on a crisp fresh salad as a crunchy delicious topping! Warning: these toasty tropical morsels can be difficult to share!
- 4 1/2 cups of almonds, pistachios, walnuts, or pecans, etc. (use whatever variety you'd prefer!)
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Whip egg whites until frothy.
- Add sugar, coconut, vanilla, salt and nuts to foamy eggs whites.
- Stir to coat nuts evenly.
- Spread onto your prepared baking sheet in an even layer.
- Place into your preheated oven and baked for 45 min, stirring and flipping nuts every 15 min.
- Let the candied nuts cool and serve or place in an airtight container, for up to 2 weeks.