With Thanksgiving just around the corner, it's time to plan our delicious feasts. I'm not sure what you and your family are having, but I know what you should have. Here a few MUST have staples that make Thanksgiving meals the meal that everyone looks forward to every year!
1. Mac ‘n' Cheese – Aside from this being the kids' favorite dish, it's rich and creamy flavor helps to balance out the vegetables and meats. It's one of those sides that can not be found missing at the table during Thanksgiving.
2. Mashed Potatoes – Easy to make, delicious to eat! Mashed potatoes go well with everything else on the plate. It's a great staple to have because it can be created with various flavors – garlic, butter, you can add bacon to it, etc…
3. Green Bean Casserole – Even if you don't like vegetables, you make an exception with green bean casserole. A classic dish for Thanksgiving. It's another easy-to-create dish that looks and tastes amazing. You can prepare it different ways, but there's always that specific taste that green bean casserole has that makes it stand out from the rest.
4. Dinner Rolls – They're awesome with mashed potatoes, gravy, butter or even with nothing them. When baked fresh, it makes you can smell it all over the house. Dinner rolls are one of those dishes you can't have just one of.
5. Dressing/Gravy – For many, dressing is more than just food, it's tradition. Some families have their specific recipe that they pass down from one generation to another. It's the feel good food that gives the Thanksgiving meal an at-home, family feel. When topped of with gravy, mission is accomplished! Ever taken a bite out of something and it's so warm and good you have to pause and enjoy? That's dressing and gravy!
6. Dessert – And last, but definitely not the least – dessert! This year, there is something new to be grateful for – and it's delicious! An awesome Thanksgiving meal needs to be topped off with something amazing, and Dreyer's Slow Churned Ice Cream does just that. Slow Churned flavors like vanilla, chocolate chip and caramel delight are just some of the many flavors you can choose from – you can't go wrong with any of them! They go well with pies, cake and other desserts as well, so you don't have to miss out on all the other desserts you love. The butter pecan is my current favorite because it has the perfect amount of sweetness and richness. I love the roasted pecan mixed with butter flavor that I get from each bite.
Let's get prepping! With these “Must Have Staples for Thanksgiving” you're guaranteed to leave everyone with a smile on their face, and most of all, THANK-FULL!
If you haven't tried any of the Dreyer's Slow Churned flavors, this upcoming Thanksgiving holiday is the best time to do so. Be the hero that introduces one of the great flavors to everyone! My family and I have fallen in love with Dreyer's Slow Churned, and I'm sure you and your guests will also. With only half the fat and 1/3 fewer calories, you get just as much if not more satisfaction as you do with regular ice cream. So for this Thanksgiving, whether you're hosting or bringing something to share, pick up one or two, or three flavors for everyone to enjoy!