#TheTehs Top Ten of 2016:
1. Juliana lost her two front teeth
2. Jasmine got her braces off
3. Noah started his senior year of high school
4. Jude joined peewee tackle football
5. Ziplined 1,265 feet across a Jamaican rainforest
6. George and I interviewed Al Roker in his home in Albany, NY
7. Jasmine took her first international trip to Toronto, Canada
8. George traveled to NYC for the first time
9. Daisy attended New York Fashion Week for the first time
10. Spending time serving in the ministry together as a family!
Hi everyone! George and I just wanted to take a moment to wish every single one of you a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! This is our first year doing the “family year in review” and to be honest, we don't have time to write out a full-blown newsletter. As busy working moms and dads (and entrepreneurs), we've learned that less is definitely more. So instead of storytelling, we decided to put together a high overview, top 10 list to share what's been new in our lives. We are, after all, a real and normal (or at least we'd like to think we're normal) family just like you!
My husband and I like to clean house, set goals, and create vision boards for ourselves each year at the end of the year. You know, we get so caught up in planning our future that we sometimes have to take a step back to reflect on how blessed we were in the past year. We've been through so much, accomplished so much, and learned so much about ourselves and each other in 2016.
I encourage you and your family to sit down together to put together this simple and fulfilling time to go over your ten best accomplishments or “first times” for the year. You'll be surprised with how much your perspective will change when you do. Merry, Merry Christmas from our family to yours! May God bless you in whatever season you are currently in and I pray that your 2017 will be bigger, better and more prosperous than 2016. The best is yet to come…