Slow Cooker Beefy Short Ribs Recipe
Cooking can be a ton of fun, but the cleanup afterwards isn’t always ideal! Let’s face it – you just enjoyed a delicious, home cooked meal that you worked hard to make. The last thing you probably want to do after enjoying that meal is clean up, right? So why not make it easier for yourself – using Cascade Platinum, that once messy kitchen will be spotless in no time. Don’t fret about making a mess while you cook, the best meals are often the messiest! 😉
One of our family’s favorite meals is a slow cooker recipe for beefy short ribs. The slow cooker makes the house smell incredible, and the ribs are tasty as could be.
Here’s what you’ll need…
- 6 – 8 thick beef short ribs
- ½ onion, sliced
- ¼ C red wine
- 2 C beef broth
- 1 tsp garlic
- as desired Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- Season the beef ribs with the garlic and Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Sear in a hot frying pan on all sides
- Place in the slow cooker bowl and cover with the sliced onions
- Add in the red wine
- Add the beef broth to the fry pan to deglaze all the bits off the bottom of the pan. Stir it around to lift them off the pan and then add it all in to the slow cooker bowl.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until very tender
- 20 minutes before the cooking time is complete, mix a slurry of the cornstarch.
- Remove the ribs temporarily, and water and add it in to the slow cooker bowl.
- Give it a good stir and add the ribs back in. Cover it up, and let it cook for an additional 20 minutes.
Then, serve the ribs with rice or mashed potatoes and your family’s favorite vegetables and enjoy with your family! Then, cleaning up afterwards is no problem with Cascade Platinum – it’s quick and easier than you’d ever imagine! I shared my favorite tips for preparing the perfect, romantic dinner and talked a bit about how easy it is to clean up your mess post-dinner using the Cascade Platinum. Anything that saves me some time (especially after putting together and enjoying a delicious meal!) is a winner in my book. You simply put the Cascade Platinum into your dish washer, and don’t have to pre-wash a thing. That’s right – even with this messy ribs recipe!
Cascade Platinum has been a real life saver in terms of time, and I swear by it for every meal. It’s even perfect for when guests are visiting; these 8 tips will help you host the BEST dinner party ever, and wait until you see how easy I made the clean-up process for a dinner party using my Cascade Platinum! It saves the day time and time again.
I’d love to know what you think if you try this messipe! Trust me when I tell you, the whole family will love this one!
This post is sponsored by Cascade Platinum. The recipe and opinions are all my own.