Want to make something that tastes simply amazing, but don't want to add too much ingredients that will leave you feeling guilty? Well, here you go! Try this simple Apple Cobbler Pie recipe using County Crock. Push aside all the other stuff you throw into your meals and desserts and replace them with Country Crock. You don't have to sacrifice taste – to be amazed! Not to mention the extra time you will save in the process. Wouldn't you rather spend that time enjoying what you've created with you family rather than making it?
So, here it is…
Apple Cobbler (serves 10)
For the filling:
4 large apples or 7 small apples (any variety, though I like fuji or honeycrisp for this recipe), cored, peeled, and sliced thinly
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp lemon juice
3 TBS flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
For the topping:
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 medium egg, beaten
1/2 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an 11×7 glass baking dish, and then spread the apples evenly in the dish.
2. In a small bowl mix 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 3 TBS flour, and 1 tsp lemon juice with a fork. Sprinkle mixture evenly over the apples.
3. In a medium bowl mix (ingredients from topping list) flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in the egg until it resembles a course crumble.
4. Sprinkle the crumbles evenly over the apples. Drizzle the melted butter evenly over the top.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the topping is browned and the filling is bubbling.
Serve it with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy!
My family loves this Apple Cobbler Pie recipe, and by replacing ingredients with Country Crock's wholesome ingredients, this dessert and others I've tried have never tasted better! Country Crock’s Simple Recipe is made with real ingredients and NO artificial flavors or preservatives. It consists of 0 grams trans fats per serving, purified water, wholesome oils, and a pinch of salt. So make the most out your meal time. Go to your local Kroger now, pick up your Country Crock product and create!
Want a chance to win a $50 gift card to Kroger stores? RT my Country Crock recipe secret on Twitter or share your own on Twitter with the hashtag #CountryCrock. Good Luck!