As a blogger, we receive some of the most amazing blogger perks! And it’s no surprise that I’ve had this new found love for EASY food and drink recipes. When a company like PURA VIDA sends a blogger like me three of their hand-crafted, triple distilled, estate-grown 100% Blue Weber agave spirits to craft something delicious and fun I just couldn’t say no. They’ve asked me to review their award-winning tequila and the oh-so-yummy recipes we could make with it to share with you! So enjoy! *DISCLAIMER: Please drink responsibly. Don’t drink and drive and don’t let your friends drink and drive. Safety first!
We’ve got a new margarita recipe for you, and it’s delicious!!! If you love the Cadillac Margarita, this adds a nice twist to it by using PURA VIDA Silver, Reposado and Anejo Tequila into this Tres Hombres Margarita Recipe.
Photo provided by Surf and Sunshine
My love for Mexican food extends to my cocktails, and I love jalapenos and adding a hint of spice! Have a little fun with it – you can use orange peel or lime peel (it’s your preference). What’s your mood feel like garnishing this cocktail with? This drink would be great on a gorgeous night out enjoying the breeze and soft wind (whoopsie…many of you may not live in the West Coast and get to experience the 70 degree weather we have here in Las Vegas. Sorry about that!)
- 1/2 oz Pura Vida Silver Tequila
- 1/2 oz Pura Vida Reposado Tequila
- 1/2 oz Pura Vida Añejo Tequila
- 1/2 oz Pura Vida Naranja Orange Liqueur
- 1/2 oz Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- Pura Vida Organic Agave Nectar
- Shake ingredients with ice
- Strain into an ice-filled margarita glass with a salted rim (optional)
- Garnish with a lime
I love tequila that is smooth and flavorful – PURA VIDA has both. There have been bitter flavors in the past – you know, the kind that burns as it goes down and makes your eyes tear up? I’m just too weak stomached to handle that. So what makes PURA VIDA so special?
- Pura Vida is triple distilled using both traditional and modern methods, and each agave plant is hand selected and hand harvested based on maturity and sugar content. Also the tequilas are distilled at 46% Alc/Vol to retain more agave flavor and fuller body as opposed to the industry standard which is 55%.
- The aging process takes place in high quality Kentucky Bourbon oak barrels, and no additives or caramel colors are added to adjust the final color. PURA VIDA Tequila is just 57 calories per one ounce shot
- Made from 100% Blue Weber Agave harvested exclusively from the Vivanco Estate in the Highlands of Jalisco, Mexico
The Beverage Industry News (BIN) has chosen to honour the PURA VIDA brand by selecting Pura Vida Tequila Reposado as Editor’s Top Pick for 2013. Beverage Industry News (BIN) has served the U.S. Beverage Industry for eighty plus years and is one of the most widely read and respected beverage trade publications in the country. This is an amazing award to have been selected for! “We feel that Pura Vida Reposado really offers something special and unique to the tequila category. It represents elegance and class all while delivering a stunning flavor profile with elegant smoothness and beautiful package design” – Victoria Vann, Executive Editor for BIN About Pura Vida All the way from Texas comes Pura Vida Tequila, a newcomer to the already crowded field. However this tequila might have a marketing edge thanks to the slick packaging, price point of $29.99 and the rock star connection of Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top. Throw in the fact that anything Texas is kind of hip right now, thanks to the likely nomination of Rick Perry as the Republican candidate next year and Pura Vida is on the map. The launch in San Antonio was quickly followed by Houston in December 2010, with all eyes on California expansion. Founder Stewart Skloss searched down in Mexico for the right distillery and eventually ended up with the Feliciano Vivanco Facility in Jalisco. Founded in 1923, the distillery produces quality tequila with a bit of a bite and edge, hence the marketing push for Pura Vida. Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top certainly knows a good drink when he comes across one, hence his investment in the fledgling line. It certainly helps that his picture appears in much of the marketing and advertising material, which indicates a growing trend for musicians and celebrities to get behind a spirit brand. This post is written on behalf of PURA VIDA Tequila by me. All opinions are 100% mine. Find PURA VIDA on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. #livingpuravida