5 tips to Lose a pound a day this week!
I know, crash dieting is no good! But sometimes you have somewhere to go and your favorite dress is a little too tight or family pictures are coming up and you want to look your best. Sometimes you just need to lose weight fast without resorting to anything unhealthy and other times you are stuck on a diet plateau ( those are the worst!). The good news is losing 5 pounds in a week is not that hard and you really don’t have to live on carrot sticks and water. Here are 5 tips to lose 5 pounds this week!
1. Replace Water with Green tea to lose weight fast – Green tea helps to rev up your metabolism. Most people start drinking a lot of water on their diets but if you replace ½ the water you drink with green tea you can speed up your metabolism and burn more calories. Have 8 ounces of green tea or water before you eat anything to help you feel full faster!
2. Cut out white foods to lose weight fast – White foods are highly processed and loaded with calories and simple carbohydrates. Cut out all the white food like bread, cheeses ( even the yellowish ones), granulated sugar, chips, potatoes …you get it! Keep your complex carbohydrates low as well , under 2 cups a day!
3. Eat a little at a time to lose weight fast – No big meals if you want to lose weight fast! Become a snacker if you want to lose a pound a day and keep healthy veggies at the ready to bust those hunger pangs. Try to keep your snack mixed between carbohydrates and proteins too so your blood sugar doesn’t spike. That means have an apple and a few slices of lean turkey lunch meat, don’t eat that sweet apple by itself!
4. Get moving to lose weight fast – You don’t have to run everywhere like Forest Gump but you have to make a conscious effort to move more and burn calories. Park at the far end of the parking lot , go up and down the stairs at home more often ( that means NOT sending the kids up when you forget something) even stand when you watch TV, it burns calories! Turn on some music and clean house a little more energetically. Even chewing gum burns 11 calories an hour and helps keep cravings under control so start chomping …there’s lots of ways to get more movement in!
5. Add some spice to lose weight fast – When you are eating make sure it’s spicy. Spices such as cayenne, sriraccha and plain old hot sauce add flavor and up your metabolism. If you aren’t a fan of spicy food there are supplements that include Cayenne peppers that can help you boost your metabolism as well. Plus Cayenne is good for your heart and circulation, bonus!
As you can see it’s easy to lose weight fast with these boosts. If you have a special occasion to lose weight for,simply want to jump start a healthier lifestyle or get off a weight loss plateau; these diet tips could help. As with any changes, if you aren’t healthy to begin with be sure to ask your doctor if these or any tips you find online are a good idea for you. Let us know how many pounds you lost this week by using these diet tips!