With my busy schedule I find that by the time lunch rolls around, I’m feeling less than energetic. I have that early morning boost from my iced coffee or macchiato, but I try to avoid relying on caffeine to get me through a long day. That’s why I love a fresh lunch that is packed with protein and fresh vegetables. Having a healthy lunch is just as good as any caffeine. A nutritional energy boost is much better than a sugary one, and we all know that.
A good sandwich wrap is a fresh lunch that leaves you satisfied and refreshed. You can use your favorite salad dressing on these, but I like to use greek yogurt mixed with lemon and pepper to give this wrap a low calorie kick. It’s a lunch that you can look forward to everyday. Plus, you can prepare your grilled chicken earlier in the week to make this a super fast creation.
Different cheeses can be used here, as well as different wraps, like a spinach tortilla. If you’d like a warm version of this rolled up lunch, throw it on the grill for a seared outside and warmed interior. This is great paired with some fresh fruit on the side, like an apple a cup of peaches. I really love how fast and versatile these can be, not to mention that they are on the healthy side of the lunch table.
- seasoned chicken breast
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handful of washed lettuce or salad greens
- 1 tsp parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tomato diced or sliced
- 1 large flour tortilla
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brush extra virgin olive oil on seasoned chicken breast
- Grill seasoned chicken breast
- Slice the grilled chicken breast on a bias.
- Spread the chicken, lettuce, and parmesan across the center of a tortilla.
- Whisk together the greek yogurt, lemon, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle the yogurt dressing across the chicken and greens.
- Fold in ends of tortilla and roll into a tight wrap.
- Cut the wrap in half on a bias.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and store in refrigerator in not eating immediately