*I am provided Advocare products to try out and give them my honest opinion.
I haven't been showing myself on my blog or social media very much the last couple of months, because I've been really self-conscious about my body. I was diagnosed with chronic hypertension and anemia that caused all kinds of mayhem on my body and mind. The last couple of months have been a whirlwind of ups and downs. I had to go through several hypertension medication changes just to find the right one that didn't make me retain water (which I retained 10-lbs of it), give me severe headaches, swell my face and hands, and make me dizzy. I just wanted to feel normal again! My body was so tired of all the changes, that I became discouraged with working out at the gym and stopped going altogether (something I loved doing not too long ago). So here I was at the end of September weighing in at a whopping 138 lbs (the photo below with me on the right at 138 lbs). At the beginning of September I was pushing 148 lbs, but once I FINALLY adjusted to the new hypertension medication, I lost the 10 lbs of water weight I initially gained.
I'm 5'3 and my normal weight is between 120 – 125 lbs (the photo above with me on the left is what I look like at 123 lbs). I've basically gained 13 lbs just in the last couple of months! Wowza, I REALLY let myself go!
Advocare Product Review
I am so excited to review these Advocare products! I've been hearing such great things about it from all my readers and other blogger friends, that I had to try it out for myself! I reached out to my long time friend and Advocare Distributor, Lana Kluge, asking for help. I explained my situation to her, and let her know that I really wanted to get back on track with my health and fitness. I normally eat clean and detox at least once every couple of months but I haven't done that since June! And since I decided to detox with clean eating beginning on September 30th, she felt it was the best time to bring out the Advocare 10-Day Herbal Cleanse and also introduce me to Advocare's Spark Energy Drink Mix. Has anyone here tried Advocare? How have you liked it?
I started the Advocare 10-Day Herbal Cleanse two nights ago and took the Spark Energy Drink Mix the following morning. WHOA! I can't explain the feeling – like my mind cleared up and nerves started connecting in my brain like never before! It's seriously amazing! And I love how both go hand in hand – the herbal cleanse detoxifies you, while Spark gives you mental focus and long-lasting energy. I chose the grape flavor Spark and it is absolutely delicious. This is a great way to prepare your body for things like weight loss, fitness, and more. October's a super important month for me to stay healthy in preparation for big changes, so THIS is much needed. Stay tuned for updates on those BIG CHANGES!
If you want to learn more about or buy Advocare 10-Day Herbal Cleanse, be sure to check out Lana's Advocare page! Here's a quick overview:
- Available in Citrus and Peaches & Cream
- Helps rid the body of toxins and waste*
- Supports improved digestion and thorough internal cleansing*
- Provides 10 grams of fiber per day
- Helps remove impurities from the body*
- Supports healthy weight loss*
- Get even more digestive benefits with Digest-Ease™
Advocare 10-Day Herbal Cleanse tips:
- During the cleanse you'll want to focus on eating really clean: fruits, veggies, and lean meats (chicken, tuna, turkey, etc).
- Avoid dairy as much as you can – you can yourself one (1) dairy serving a day via Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is awesome and packed with protein!
- You can have carbs, but just keep them in moderation and make sure they are 100% whole grains if you can.
- Snacks that can be incorporated during the herbal cleanse are fresh fruits, salads, and greek yogurt with a scoop of granola. There is a brand called BearNaked that sells a low sugar vanilla granola and it is yummy!
- Go for the Jennie-O 99% lean Turkey Meat. The turkey meat is great for tacos! Ortega makes whole grain taco shells and low sodium seasoning and it is so good! I would make that for dinner and make extra meat to have the next day for lunch. Seasoned turkey taco meat makes a great lunch just with a little shredded cheese and a dab of fat free sour cream on top.
Also good for lunch ideas while on the Advocare Cleanse….
- Buy some turkey from the deli, sliced fairly thick, and then put some low fat cream cheese rolled up in it. You can throw some chives in it if you like those.
- My personal favorite for lunch is to get whole wheat pita/flatbreads, spread some garlic hummus (Target's Archer Farms brand is awesome! It's located up front by the deli) and then throw a ton of spinach/salad mix on top. Yum!
*And when you start the 10-Day Herbal Cleanse, be sure to take your measurements and weight!
If you want to learn more about the Advocare Spark Energy Drink Mix, be sure to check out Lana's Advocare page! Here's a quick overview:
- Available in Watermelon, Mango Strawberry, Pink Lemonade, Mandarin Orange, Fruit Punch, Grape, Citrus and Cherry
- Offered in pouches and canisters
- Our #1 seller
- The most nutritionally advanced energy drink on the market
- Sugar-free, long-lasting energy*
- Surprisingly fast-acting*
- Contains 21 vitamins, minerals and nutrients designed to synergistically provide a healthy, balanced
- source of energy*
- Just 45 calories per serving
- Sharpens mental focus*
Leave us a comment and let us know if you've tried Advocare or already have it! Give us your Advocare Review, We'd love to know! And if you've got tips on foods/recipes during the 10-Day Herbal Cleanse we'd love to know that too! I'll be doing a few more follow-up posts in the middle and end of my 10-Day Herbal Cleanse so you can all follow along on my progress!
Update : Advocare 10 Day Herbal Cleanse Review Find out how much weight I lost on Advocare and how I'm feeling midway through my cleanse!