This delicious Italian Pan Fried Pasta with Spaghetti Sauce dish has been a five year family tradition since we discovered the idea playing around with different seasonings and olive oil. In my home, there is a love for spaghetti and we all have our different cooking styles. My husband and mother-in-law make spaghetti “Filipino-style” with hotdogs and sugar. I, on the other hand, love “Italian-style” spaghetti that has a deeper and slightly sour flavored consistency. Making pasta al dente is really simple but tends to look bland and boring. As a mom who loves to entertain and has picky-eaters at home (especially with the children), I was on a mission to figure out ways to dress-up all the recipes I concocted and make them taste delicious too.
My husband and I love eating pan-fried noodles from the authentic Chinese restaurants and had this light bulb idea to try something similar with pasta! The pan-fried noodles had a special kind of unexplainable texture that when immersed in sauce, created a texture and flavor only found in the consistency of frying the noodles in the pan with oil. What I love about our Italian Pan Fried Pasta with Spaghetti Sauce recipe is the simplicity of creating something very authentic in taste. We’ve seen many similar type of recipes out there, but they require several ingredients and take much longer to create. As a life-hack expert, I wanted to spend more time with my family and less time cooking. We found a much quicker and easier way using just a few ingredients so now spaghetti nights at home give our family an opportunity to spend time together at the dinner table over a home cooked meal.
The best part: it’s a thirty minute total process from start to finish!
We are so confident in this recipe that we decided to enter it into the Taste of Tradition Recipe Contest with Bertolli! They are celebrating 150 years with their Bertolli Olive Oil, and to be honest, this recipe has been tried and tested using a variety of cooking oils but none of them compare to the flavor that Bertolli Olive Oil brings to the table in our home. We hope you enjoy and cheers to Bertolli Olive Oil for their 150 year anniversary!
*SERVING SIZE: Family of six
- 1.50 lbs of Ground Beef 90/10
- 2 – 24 oz jars of Bertolli Five Cheese Pasta Sauce
- 2 – Boxes of 1 lb. Barilla Spaghetti Pasta (or 1 box of 2 lbs. Barilla Spaghetti Pasta)
- 1 – 8 oz can of Hunt’s Tomato Paste
- 2 Cups Water
- 7 Tablespoons of Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons of Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Teaspoon Minced Garlic (or 1-Clove of Garlic Minced)
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Black Ground Pepper
- 2 Pinches of Salt (To Taste)
*Money Saving Tip: You can use coupons to buy the pasta sauces, pasta, and olive oil for even greater savings.
How-To: Spaghetti Sauce
- Brown ground beef in a separate medium skillet and sprinkle a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Mix pasta sauces, tomato paste and cooked ground beef in pot and let boil for 3-minutes.
- Then reduce heat to simmer for 7-10 minutes.
How-To: Italian Pan Fried Pasta
- Prepare 12-cups of water in a large pot and put on high heat.
- Once the water comes to a rolling boil, add pasta and continue to boil for 10-minutes for al dente pasta (stirring occasionally).
- Drain water from pasta but DO NOT rinse pasta.
- In a separate cooking pan, heat Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil on medium-low heat and sautee minced garlic, black pepper, salt, and Italian Seasoning last.
- Keep under medium-low heat then add pasta to pan fry with the extra virgin olive oil and sautee mix.
- Keep mixing for 3-4 minutes until all of the extra virgin olive oil and seasoning is evenly distributed.
- Turn off heat to prevent from drying out pasta.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
*When serving, keep both dishes separate to prevent pasta from drying out.