There are certainly signs of Spring in the air and this adorable Birds Nest Marshmallow Pops Recipe is the perfect treat to bring a bit of Spring indoors.
They're easy to make yet look elegant. They would make a great treat for a Spring birthday or be the perfect addition for Easter dinner or Easter Baskets.
- 12 full size marshmallows
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 bag candy coated chocolate eggs
- 1/4 cup prepared fondant for flowers
- edible pearl candy
- teal gel food coloring
- lollipop sticks
- disposable piping bag
- small flower cutter
- Insert a lollipop into each marshmallow and place in freezer to chill.
- Heat white chocolate in microwave for 35 seconds, remove and stir. Heat for an additional 30 seconds or until completely melted and smooth.
- Add a very small amount of teal gel food coloring to the melted white chocolate and mix well. The coloring will go a long way so start with just a drop on a toothpick and add until you reach desired color.
- Remove marshmallows from the freezer a few to a time and completely coat with the colored chocolate. This coating should not be very thick or the chocolate will run and drip off the marshmallow. The chilled marshmallow will help the chocolate harden quickly but return to freezer (in an upright position) to speed the process. Continue until all marshmallows are coated. Allow chocolate to harden completely before moving to next step.
- Once colored chocolate has hardened, fill the disposable piping bag with dark chocolate chips. Heat in microwave for 35 seconds. Remove, massage the bag to mix chocolate, and microwave an additional 30 seconds or until chocolate is completely melted. Trim the tip off the piping bag (about 1/8″) and begin drizzling the chocolate around the top of each marshmallow. You'll want to drizzle a layer on each and return to the freezer, repeating until you've built a “nest”. If you do not allow the chocolate to harden between layers, it will melt together and you will lose the look of the twigs or nest.
- Once you've built the nest and the chocolate is hardened, add a small amount of melted chocolate to the center of the nest to secure the chocolate eggs. Again, return to freezer to allow chocolate to set.
- To finish off the marshmallow pops, cut a small flower from prepared fondant and attach with a drop of melted chocolate, adding a small edible pearl to the center of the flower.
- Serve in a pretty vase or container or wrap individually for Easter basket fillers or giveaways.