As a career woman, mommy of four (4), and wife to a very busy husband – our lives are constantly on the go. I'm tired! And let's face it – feeding your family junk food, fast food, and foods with a ton of preservatives will definitely slow down your metabolism.
Here's a snapshot of my daily routine:
- 6:00am-6:20am — my alarm clock goes off and it's time to pray, read my bible, and write in my journal
- 6:20am-7:15am — devoted to getting the tweens off to school, getting the babies ready for Grandma's house, getting myself ready for work, and loading up the car for my husband and I to carpool on our commute to work.
- 7:30am -12:30pm — the life of a Corporate Recruiter for a global technology company starts early since many of the departments I support live in different time zones.
- 12:30pm — Eek! It's lunchtime and between meetings and interviewing candidates, where has the time gone?!
- 12:30-1:00pm — Run to the onsite bistro and then come back to my office to scarf down my lunch before my next meeting or candidate interview.
- 1:00pm-6:00pm — Work, work, work!
- 6:00pm-10:00pm — Family time, blog time, and bed time.
In an ideal world, this is really what my schedule SHOULD look like! But honestly, it's way busier and much more hectic than I've made it seem. Does it look familiar to any of you? I am eating lunch on-the-go 85% of the time during the week, and I really need to rely on healthier food options that offer quick results. I'm often sacrificing taste and nutrition (either not enough or too much) because I am constantly running to get back to work and/or with personal obligations. I want a meal that is proportioned well, fresh, easy and quick to prepare, along with a higher nutritional value than greasy burger and fries.
Barilla introduces a new way to eat healthy while on-the-go. They offer 100% natural ingredients, no preservatives, relatively low calories (320 calories per meal), and there are even two different whole grain options! The qualities of Barilla Microwaveable Meals make them a healthier option for a quick-fix lunch! Don't forget that your children watch everything you do — it's important to set a good example for your family in terms of eating healthy. That means substantially healthier meals instead of fast food or other quick dining options. Show them that eating healthy does not always mean sacrificing a ton of time in the kitchen, because Barilla can now bring you the high quality, all-natural meals your family has loved for generations and fits them into your fast paced lifestyle!
Check out the Barilla website where you can learn about the five varieties of Microwaveable Meals. You can also find a downloadable coupon to try Barilla Microwaveable Meals for yourself. You can also learn more about them on the Barilla facebook page .