If you're craving a deliciously hearty snack, or want to serve something filling for your upcoming football tailgate party, birthday party or any special event – then make way for this beautiful Bacon Tomato Parmesan Tart Recipe!
I enjoy making these when it's a casual affair, and I love how you can play the food style up or down depending on the event. In this recipe example, I created it similar to pizza! YUM!
Be sure to print the recipe out or pin our images to save for future reference. My favorite tableware to style this with is a large, white rectangle ceramic dish or a round pizza pan. You can get any of these simple tablewares at your local Target or Walmart.
1 sheet Puff Pastry, prepared and thawed
4 slices Bacon, cooked and chopped
2 Roma tomatoes, sliced thinly
¼ C + 2 TBSP Parmesan cheese, grated
¼ C Mozzarella, shredded
1/3 C Sweet Onion, chopped
Drizzle Olive Oil
½ Tsp Rosemary
½ Tsp Garlic powder
½ Tsp Pepper
Preheat oven to 375
1. Unroll thawed pastry and place it on a small lined (foil/parchment) cookie sheet
2. Sprinkle pastry with 2 T grated parmesan and pepper.
3. Arrange tomato slices on pastry. Follow with crumbled bacon and onion pieces.
4. Sprinkle seasonings and shredded mozzarella on top of the tart.
5. Drizzle with olive oil.
6. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until tart is golden brown. Upon removing tart from the oven, sprinkle the remaining ¼ C of parmesan cheese on top of the tart to melt.
7. Let the tart rest for 10 minutes before serving.