Pasta salad is a staple at cook-outs, barbecues and get-togethers, and it's not difficult to see why. The dish is creamy, easy to prepare, easy to transport and incredibly versatile. The problem with this popular dish, however, is that it is often a little too popular. After you've eaten traditional pasta salad every other weekend all summer long, you might start to want something a little more unique.
If this happens to you, this Bacon, Corn and Pea Pasta salad is exactly what you need. It still has the creamy, yummy taste of traditional pasta salad, but it has some new and exciting mix-ins that really shake things up! The peas add a little bit of extra nutrition to the dish, and the bacon–well, let's just say, it's bacon! Yum!
The next time your family and friends have a get-together, don't bring the same old boring dishes. Liven things up with this exciting new version of the traditional pasta salad for a new side dish that is sure to be the star of the show!
- 1 12oz. Pkg. Bow Tie Pasta
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1⁄2 lbs. Bacon, cooked crispy and chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- 4 Tbsp. Butter, melted
- 1 teas. Salt
- 1⁄2 teas. Black Pepper
- In a medium pot bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Add the Corn and Peas and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and leave in colander.
- Cook Pasta according to package directions and drain well in same colander with corn and peas.
- In a large bowl Zest the Lemon and Juice it. Add the Garlic, Salt and Pepper stir to combine.
- Add Pasta, Corn and Peas to the bowl with the Lemon Juice. Add the Butter and Bacon stir to combine ensuring everything is coated well.
- Adjust Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.
Do you usually have pasta salad at your get-togethers? Are you ready to try a new variety?