This Mini Pecan Tarts recipe has been top secret within our family
So, it's taken me five years to post this recipe on my blog. Why, you ask? Because it was a recipe that is near and dear to me, and I was hesitant to share it's amazing-ness for the world to now have access to. Call me selfish, but whatevs. This is a recipe that was passed down from my Auntie Alice to my cousins and I and then to my own children. This is the very recipe we made year after year as children when our families were together for Thanksgiving and Christmas. This recipe is truly what made the holidays feel like…the holidays.
My cousin, Carlene, found the handwritten version (the only recipe around) and emailed me the photo of it. We then recreated the recipe and put it all together in photos and a video just for you. Honestly, I'm not sure if this exact recipe is public knowledge elsewhere. Haha! But I will say, I have never tasted any other pecan pie, pecan tart or pecan cookie like it anywhere in the world. They are heavenly!
If you're going to spend time with your family this evening for Noche Buena, I encourage you to make this super easy recipe. It does take time to form the tart crust, but it's meant to so that you and your family and children can spend time together bonding. My hope is that you make this your family tradition for each holiday too.
Check out the how-to video tutorial we created on YouTube as well
- 1 - 3oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Sifted Flour
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Melted Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Dash of Salt
- 3/4 Cup Broken Pecan
- Use Mini Muffin Pan
- Preheat oven to 325f
- FIRST STEP: Create and form the crusts
- Combine cream cheese, butter, and flour into mixer or knead by hand until all ingredients are blended and the crust is a smooth, dough-like consistency.
- Refrigerate dough for 15-20 minutes to chill and harden crust.
- Place tablespoon-size dough crust into each mini muffin and form into thin-crust tarts (do not make the crusts too thick so it balances out the flavor of the filling).
- SECOND STEP: Fill the crusts with filling and pecan on top.
- Mini Pecan Tarts Recipe:
- Makes 24 pieces (2-dozen)
- Combine egg, brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract, and salt into mixer or use whisk to combine all ingredients until blended smooth and all clumps are gone.
- Fill each dough crusted mini muffin pan with filling about half-way from the top (do not fill to the top or the filling with burn and overflow).
- Finally, top each crust filled tart with bits of broken pecan and bake in oven for 25-minutes at 325-degrees or until tarts are light golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 15 mintues before serving.