The biggest holiday weekend of the season is almost here, and with the World Cup fever ensuing, USA pride has started earlier then usual. One of the busiest weekends of the summer, July 4th is big for travel, family gatherings, BBQs, weddings and any other reason to come together and celebrate. It's estimated that about 41 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more this holiday weekend. While every option offers its own version of July 4th fun, if you want to get away and don't know where, the task of deciding can be overwhelming. With the weekend only a few days away, most people already have their agenda scheduled. But for those who don't–or those already thinking about next year–here are some great places you can ring in July 4th weekend, including some last minute deals worth checking out. Now, go let your flag fly and have some fun!
1. Philadelphia. What more fitting city is there to celebrate July 4th than the birthplace of our independence? Every year Philadelphia celebrates July 4th in a big way. From the annual Welcome America! festival, to all kind of free events, concerts and of course the famous fireworks, there is no shortage of things to do throughout the weekend. Plan your trip now–there is still time!–and make Philly your destination this weekend. Click here and find out where to stay and what to put on your Philadelphia itinerary.
2. Nashville. Msn Living voted Nashville the best Fourth of July fireworks show in the USA and with good reason. The city mixes the top fireworks show in the country with a huge celebratory concert that includes an all-star lineup of performers as well as the Nashville symphony. The best part? The event is free to the public. Besides all the nighttime fun, the day can offer endless possibilities as well, for couples, friends and families. To find out more and book your Nashville weekend, click here.
3. Denver. Denver is not only a stellar place to ring in the holidays for anyone, but unbelievably, you can still find affordable airfare and deals for this weekend. Independence Day in Denver includes an immense variety of activities, like an Independence Eve concert, an arts festival, cultural events, fireworks, and a screening of Frozen at the Skyline Park. To see more holiday weekend activities, check out Denver's website.
4. Las Vegas. Vegas can actually be an affordable weekend getaway for July 4th, simply because there are other holidays that garner much higher travel and visitors for the city. However, don't discount Las Vegas as a fun holiday option. It may not be the #1 family option, but there are more things to do then just gamble or frequent the pool parties. With plenty of events happening all along the strip and at various hotels, there is no shortage of July 4th fun. Check out Vegas.com.
5. San Diego. Like the first option on this list, it can be fun to spend the holiday weekend in a city where it is truly celebrated and honored. San Diego has a lot of patriotism throughout it, and the city celebrates Independence day with many celebrations. The Big Bay Boom fireworks on the San Diego bay is sure to be an amazing show, and for those with families, the Legoland resort celebrates July 4th with all kinds of activities. Besides all the festivities, spend the daytime relaxing at the beach and soaking in the sun.
Where will you be spending your 4th of July weekend?