If you’ve ever had a great Zucchini Bread you know what I mean when I say these muffins are surprisingly delicious. Think of a summer version on pumpkin bread. It’s a moist, sweet and decadent quick bread with all the benefits of this versatile veggie. The kids will never know you slipped vegetables in this yummy muffin. The white chocolate really compliments the flavors here, making this a wonderful treat on the go.
You know what’s even better? When you whip up an awesome recipe with ingredients on sale right now at your neighborhood Albertsons! We decided to team up with Albertsons to provide you with updates on their HUGE Anniversary Sale going on now! Even though we were compensated for this post, all opinions are still my own, because let’s face it — I love saving money and I know you do too!
And while we’re on the topic of vegetables like Zucchini, there’s going to be a fun giveaway at Albertsons — Earthbound Farms Free Salad For a Year Giveaway to 75 lucky winners!!! That’s right, Earthbound Farms is giving away free salad for a year. All you have to do is sign up at www.albertsons.com/freesalad
I love shopping at my local Albertsons store. It’s always so clean, neat, and organized. Even the staff is friendly and you can’t go wrong with awesome customer service! I love the prices and how the sales (like the Huge Anniversary Sale) align well with my couponing! And it certainly helps to be a few minutes away from Albertsons!
I challenge you to try this new recipe out and be sure to go to Albertsons during their Huge Anniversary Sale to stock up on other grocery items too!
I sent a big batch of these to some close friends, and all were gone within 15 minutes. They are a big hit with coworkers too. You might be thinking, “Zucchini and white chocolate?!” Well, don’t be deterred… You’ll be sorry you missed out on these. Plus, any method to trick the kiddos into eating some veggies is a wonderful thing. Bake the batter as individual muffins or in 2 greased loaf pans–whatever suits your fancy! Just increase the baking time to 1 hour for loaves. What’s your favorite zucchini recipe? This very well could turn into a regular favorite in your home. They certainly are in mine.
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1½ teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1½ teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3¼ cups AP Flour
- 2½ cups Zucchini, coarsely grated (about two large zucchini)
- 2 cups White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin or tins with paper cupcake/muffin liners. (recipe makes 24 muffins)
- Combine the vegetable oil, eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Beat until well combined and light in color, about 1-2 minutes.
- Combine the cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and flour in a large bowl. Whisk together to well combine all these dry ingredients.
- Fold the wet mixture into the dry ingredients until slightly combined. Be sure not to over mix here, or the gluten in the flour will overdevelop and cause tunneling in the muffins. If the batter is lumpy or dry, that is ok!
- Fold the grated zucchini and white chocolate chips into the batter, being careful not to over mix.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-45 minutes, until the tops of the muffins spring back when touched and are lightly browned on top. (Dark nonstick muffin tins will bake the muffins faster than lighter colored tins)
- Top muffins with a drizzle of melted white chocolate and a drizzle of honey.
I want to connect with my readers. I want to share what I've learned and continue to learn. I want to share my experiences and joy in the kitchen in the hopes that it inspires or motivates others to do the same, All while showing you home cooks how to get beautiful results in your home kitchens.