Paul, owner of I Heart the Mart Blog, did an exclusive interview with the Director of Communications and Community Relations at Walmart. He asked some questions about Black Friday and here is the EXACT text of the email he received:
For items already on layaway, will Walmart price match those items if they have now gone on sale for Black Friday?Items that have been put on layaway then are paid off on Black Friday will be sold at Black Friday pricing (i.e. If you place a LG Blu-ray player on layaway today and payoff the purchase on Black Friday, you will pay the $38 Black Friday price).
Can you use coupons for layaway items?
Yes. Walmart is committed to providing our customers with the lowest prices. To back up our price leadership promise, we will match the price of any local competitor’s printed ad for an identical product right at the cash register even on layaway items.More information is available at walmartstores.com/download/4752.pdf.
Are Black Friday deals online again?
Customers can also get a jump start on shopping from the comfort of their homes with a two day online-only event on Walmart.com starting early on Thanksgiving Day and extending through Black Friday. Savings on hundreds of the hottest toys and electronics include:
· Samsung 50″ Class LED 1080p 60Hz HDTV – $698
· Ematic 7” Tablet Android 4.0 1GHz, 4GB – $49
· Dsi XL Ultimate Bundle – $129
· Razor A Kick Scooter, Multiple Colors – $25
Is Walmart price-matching Black Friday ads?Our long standing ad match guarantee will be in effect throughout the 2012 holiday season – including on Black Friday. The ad match guarantee ensures that customers get the best prices on toys and other items throughout the store. We will match the price of any local competitor’s printed ad for an identical product right at the cash register. Walmart’s ad match guarantee does not include online prices. -END OF QUESTIONS-
Is that great news or what?
Walmart Layaway Policy 2012 (Updated)
- Walmart have expanded the list of eligible categories. Aside from small home appliances and select sporting goods such as basketball goals, trampolines and large exercise equipment, Walmart customers can also use layaway for a broad selection of electronics, toys and jewelry.
- Walmart shopper fans on Facebook have an early layaway access for shoppers so make sure to search for the Facebook page of your local Walmart store. You simply need to sign up on their local Walmart Facebook page beginning August 28 to be able to start their layaway two days early on Sept. 14. That means you will have a full 90 days for layaway this year instead of 60!
- Costumers who make their final payment will be given a full refund of the layaway open fee ($5) (was $15) in the form of a Walmart gift card.
Process, fees, and requirements:
- A down payment of 10% or $10, whichever is greater, is required and is applied to the purchase.
- Individual items must be priced $15 or more, and the total layaway purchase must be at least $50.
- There is no open fee refund for cancelled or unpaid orders; no additional cancellation fee will be charged.
Check out the Walmart Black Friday Deals that we’ve posted a few days ago. Also, you can download Paul’s copy of Walmart Black Friday Price List Comparison Sheet in PDF form prepared by DebtFreeSpending.com!
The Walmart Black Friday Maps 2012 are now available at Walmart.com! The maps are done by store and NOT ALL Store maps are up yet so check back frequently for the new ones!
Thank you, I Heart the Mart for the heads up!