The first thing you need to get started on that crazy room full of stuff is to gain some inspiration. Are you lacking motivation? You know why? It’s because your room’s messy! How about focus? Need some of that and can’t figure out why you get into a certain room and you either leave the room or lie in your pile of mess? It’s because your room’s messy! Yes, one of the leading causes of lack of motivation and focus when we’re at home is due to your messy room(s).
It’s been proven that people have a more difficult time getting things done or being productive when they see disorganization, mess, clutter, and dirty spaces. Why is that? Our minds are trained to live a life of some kind of structure or order. Imagine coming home from work after a long eight hour day into a clean, organized home. It smells fresh and creates a flow of energy throughout that makes you feel good because there aren’t toys scattered on the floor or trash piled up in the corner. And then…picture yourself coming home from work after a long eight hour day into a messy, cluttered home with clothes thrown on the sofa, dust and spider webs in the corner of the windows, trash piled up in the corner of your kitchen, Legos in places you’d never thought Legos could end up, and papers all over the island kitchen. Pretty de-motivating, huh? Inspired yet?
What if I told you that a life of productivity, creativity and focus could lead to:
More money – a clear mind opens up ideas on how to bring in more money, save more money, and gain much-needed skills for that upcoming promotion you’ve got your eye on. Because when you’ve got your eye on that financial prize and not the spare bedroom filled up to the ceiling with “stuff”, you can attain it.
More overall time – the most valuable resource of all. If you are organized, and everything is in it’s rightful place, and you’ve been good with filing papers and knowing when appointments are scheduled ahead of time and you’ve made plans accordingly. Guess what…you free-up your free-time just from being clutter-free! Imagine quality family time you could spend with your family! YES!
More wisdom and knowledge. Organized, mess-free people are wiser and smarter because they’ve created a strategy to keep their homes and office spaces clean. They’re so strategic with planning, that they’ve researched what the pro’s do and how they do it, and acquire knowledge (and wisdom from practicing strategy over time). And then they use all those strategic tips and carry it into other areas of their lives – like their jobs, they volunteering, their finances, even when making purchases.
Ah, even that makes ME want to get up and de-clutter! Now that I’ve got your attention, I wanted to share my clutter-free cleaning hacks to make life more meaningful for you. You’re welcome!
7 Clutter-Free Tips To Organize (and Maintain) Your Messiest Room
1. Tackle receipts by purchasing an accordion file folder and labeling it with the year and each tab with the month. Find all your receipts and throw it into the accordion file folder and carve out thirty minutes each week to file it in the appropriate month.
2. Organize your inventory of cosmetics, toiletries, and skincare products by purchasing an organizer that you can place under your bathroom sink cabinet. Too much inventory? Get a similar organizer for your linen closet and label with a label maker. It’s a great way for guests and family to get products without having to ask you. Purchase a cool cosmetics toolbox to put all your makeup that you are currently using in one dedicated area of the bathroom cabinet.
3. Make all those papers you have scattered and need filing paperless by scanning them and then electronically filing them away into e-folders. Have something memorable you MUST keep? Keep memorable awards in a special box that you and the kids can custom decorate that you can store away in your closet.
4. Shoes, backpacks, and jackets should be hung neatly and easily accessible when on the go! These FECA suction cups make organizing them easily! Want to redecorate and changed your mind about where to place backpacks and jackets? The FECA suction cups make it easy to remove and move to wherever your heart desires!
5. Keep your clothes and dirty laundry stylishly well-kept by purchasing laundry baskets with built-in laundry sorters for your darks, whites and gentle-cycles. And just like from the movie Mommy Dearest — “No wire hangers!” by using these amazing no-slip hangers that can be purchased in bulk (and in the same color). You can get these all at Bed, Bath & Beyond!
6. Make your bed every morning! It’s a great habit that will affect 50% of how organized and tidy your room will look. Many of these organization quick-tips can be done before bed and early in the morning. Here are some great tips I learned from lessons in “Make Over Your Mornings” by Crystal Paine.
7. Opt for minimal style kitchenware and dishes. My recent AHA! discovery was when I learned that there are actual innovative products like this Midas Plus Cookware that you can stack, are easy to clean, cook your foods quickly and can be used to cook and serve with an easy detachable handle. Simplicity wins!
Here are other great sites with more tips and life hacks for a clutter-free home: